Friday, April 22, 2011

5 Past Photos

1.2.

3.
4.5.

1.TITLE: Twice the Gold

DATE/TIME: 8/14/10 4:04 pm

LOCATION: Rexburg, ID

CAMERA: KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS

F-STOP: 5.6

SHUTTER SPEED: 1/250 sec

This was a “the right place and the right time” photograph. I was walking back from an apartment where I had just cleaned the carpets. A great summer rainstorm had just finished and this double rainbow stretched right in front of my apartment complex. I took it into Photoshop and saturated the lowest rainbow, making it as vibrant as it really was.

2. TITLE: Stadium Seating

DATE/TIME: 10/7/2008 3:34 pm

LOCATION: Pucallpa, Peru

CAMERA: KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS

F-STOP: 5.6

SHUTTER SPEED: 1/1000 sec

This was the view from the window in front of my desk. From our front windows over looked the city’s soccer stadium. In the bottom left hand corner you can see part of the stadium. Using the panoramic setting on my camera I took a panoramic shot. It was a perfect blend of trees, sky and city.

3. TITLE: Jungle Sunset

DATE/TIME: 3/17/2008 9:53 pm

LOCATION: Pucallpa, Peru

CAMERA: KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS

F-STOP: 2.9

SHUTTER SPEED: 1/640 sec

This is a picture I took on my mission. There was a random barn on the side of the road where we were walking and the sun just happened to be setting right beside it. It was a great sunset. I was lucky to be there when I was. I took it into Photoshop and darkened the landscape with level adjustments. The sky needed saturation to be given its original color.

4. TITLE: Happy Birthday

DATE/TIME: 4/18/11 10:53 pm

LOCATION: My Apartment

CAMERA: KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS

F-STOP: 2.9

SHUTTER SPEED: 1/8 sec

It was the night before my wife’s birthday and I was staying up late to make her cake of her dreams: confetti cake with chocolate frosting and sprinkles, lots of sprinkles. My camera was on a macro setting so I could get the sprinkles to be sharp. This image looks so good that I didn’t need to do anything to it.

5. TITLE: Retaining Rocks

DATE/TIME: 4/22/11 7:19 am

LOCATION: By the Hinckley Building Stairwell

CAMERA: KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS

F-STOP: 2.9

SHUTTER SPEED: 1/160 sec

I loved the different colors in the rocks of the retaining wall outside the Hinckley Building. But much to my dismay, with no flash my camera failed to capture the colors. I went into Photoshop, selected the rocks and adjusted their levels to get them back to their real colors. The fresh snow created a great contrast with them.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your past photos. I can tell that you have an eye for photography. I really like the angle you used for shooting the sprinkles on the cake. I also liked your photo of the double rainbow. I can tell that you were in the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete