Friday, May 27, 2011

Bannack Portraits

In Bannack, Montana there is an old town that is now a ghost town. It makes for some great shots as you will soon see in the next six posts or so. These are portraits of some classmates taken in the old saloon in town.


Ain’t Coming Back: 5/25/11, 12;45 pm, Bannack, Montana; f/4.1; 1/25; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was a great pose and it had great lighting in the saloon when we were there. In Photoshop I did some tweaks. All I did was change the levels a little. After that I changed the photo to black and white on a new adjustment layer and tinted it to give it the sepia look. I changed a few of the color intensities to give it a real old-time look.

Tending to Business: 5/25/11, 1:05 pm, Bannack Montana; f/4.1; 1/10; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

Good lighting came here from the back window behind him. I loved the fact that it was hitting both him and the glasses in this shot. He wasn’t looking at the camera or even doing anything and it still makes for a good shot. I created a new layer in Photoshop and made it into a unsharp mask. I changed the levels a little bit as well to darken the light from surrounding windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment