Saturday, May 21, 2011

Portrait Edits

Special thanks again to my lovely wife Lisa for letting me take photographs of her. She is amazing.

1. Enhancements:

Before:
After:
2. Color Replacement:

Before:
After:
Color Match:

Before:
Color Match Source
After:

1. Enhancements; 5/18/11, 6:32 p.m.; Seed Mill, Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/40; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
For the enhancements I used a brush tool to soften the bags underneath Lisa's eyes. Using the luminosity brush, with a lighter opacity and flow, I lightened her teeth. I selected and lightly saturated her eyes as well to help them stand out. I used the clone stamp tool to remove the writing on the train, creating less distractions in the portrait. An adjustment layer was used to enhance shadows and mid tones.

2. Replace Color; 5/18/11, 6:21 p.m.; Porter Park, Rexburg; f/4.8; 1/15; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
I used the Quick Select tool to select Lisa's shirt. I used the replace color tool to change the shirt from red to its opposite green. I wanted the shirt to match the blurred green leaves in the background. It also created a nice contrast with the gray stones.

3. Match Color; 5/18/11, 5:43 p.m.; Nielsen's Frozen Custard, Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/80; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
I loved Lisa's facial expression in this shot. My only regret was the momentary cloudy conditions that created a gray flat light through the window. I decided that I wanted a brighter light. There was a better picture taken later on that day, in which the sun was out and creating a bright light on Lisa's face. I used the match color tool to use the other picture's brightness in the original. Using the luminosity tool I decreased the highlights to make it look more natural.

3.5 Match Color Source; 5/18/11, 6:25 p.m.; Porter Park, Rexburg; f/4.1; 1/50; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment