Saturday, April 30, 2011

Blended and Typed

Photo Blends
1.Before

Books; 4/28/11 - 7:30 am - My Apartment, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/8; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

When I think of antique, my thoughts always go to books; old bookstores, libraries etc. So it seemed appropriate that I antique a bookshelf photograph. I did not edit this shot in Photoshop until I blended the two photos together.

Ceiling; 4/27/1 - 3:13 pm - My Apartment, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/25; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

One of the most textured things I have ever seen is a ceiling. There are varying patterns and interesting shadows that make this texture a great one for antiquing photos. I did not edit this shot in Photoshop until I blended the two photos together.

2. After

Photo Type

Jeans; 4/28/11 - 2:22 pm - My Apartment, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/15; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

I am a jeans guy. Jeans and America go together like peanut butter and chocolate. I thought that they would make an interesting subject for a photo. I blurred the background a little bit in Photoshop to make the jeans in the foreground more of what catches your eye.

Mill Wall; 4/28/11 - 2:06 pm -Seed Mill, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/160; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

This wall I just thought was cool. I like things that look old, that natural wear and tear look. After blending the two photos, I realized just how much the colors of this mill matched the colors in the jeans. I did not edit this shot before I made it the type's texture. Afterwards, I saturated the colors a little.

2. After



1 comment:

  1. Hey Scott I really like the texture that you used in your second type/blend edit, however it looks like there is a bit of a value problem and the "an" in american is really hard to read. I would suggest maybe bluring or burning or lightening the top right were the words are to fix the value problem.

    ReplyDelete