Monday, May 9, 2011

Flora and Fauna

1.2.
3.
1.Spring Blossom; 5/6/11; 10:36 am; Crystal Inn, Logan UT; 4.0; 1/400 sec; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
I loved the contrast in this picture. The trees were very dark making the bright green blossoms an irresistible shot. In Photoshop I just adjusted some levels on a new layer and brushed back in the original colors. The new layers made the tree darker bringing to life a deeper contrast.
2.Daffodil; 5/7/11; 8:06 am; Mona, UT; 2.9; 1/400 sec; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
I would just like to thank my mother-in-law for keep a very pretty and very nice garden. All her flowers were out in full bloom this weekend. Using the adjustment layers tool I made a black and white layer and reduced the opacity giving the purple flowers a more subtle look to give better contrast to the daffodil. I used a brush to brush back in the color of the center and a little bit of the petals.
3.Out to Pasture; 5/7/11; 4:13 pm; Moroni, UT; 4.8; 1/200 sec; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA
I loved this shot because of the great depth of field. Using adjustment layers in Photoshop I made the mountains in the background black and white to give better contrast to the pasture and the cows. Using another layer with Gaussian blur, I blurred a little of the background and foreground to make the cow the focal point.

No comments:

Post a Comment