Saturday, April 30, 2011

Color Study

The Color Blue




Blue Bike; 4/28/11 - 2:09 pm - Apartment Complex, Rexburg; f/stop 5.6; 1/250; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

When I saw this bike I knew exactly what color I wanted. It was a great subject in a great place. I took lots of different shots of it at different angles. I took it into Photoshop to make the blue pop more. I adjusted the levels.

Blue Boat; 4/28/11 - 2:14 pm - Targhee Pawnshop, Rexburg; f/stop 5.6; 1/320; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

The light blue color is not a very common one but you can't miss it when you see it. This boat stuck out to me. It was very big and very hard to get the whole thing to a picture. Composing a shot was the hardest. Once I found the name though I knew it was the shot I needed. In Photoshop I saturated light blue color on bottom and adjusted the levels of the light blue color on top.

Blue Tie; 4/28/11 - 2:20 pm - My Apartment, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/13; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

Its my favorite tie. So go figure it would have the color of my color study. Ties can be interesting subjects at the right angles. This was the angle I found to be most interesting. I only changed the lower squares in Photoshop to make the color more vibrant. I changed their levels to make them more light.

Blue DumDum; 4/28/11 - 2:32 pm - Stone Brook Apartments, Rexburg; f/stop 2.9; 1/13; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS

Who doesn't love a Dum Dum? Their wrappers have great, bright, noticeable colors and lucky for me light blue. I chose to get a close up shot to make the blues the most dominant color in the shot. I did not edit this shot in Photoshop.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked all of your photos this week! i especially liked the creativity in your blue color study. I also really liked your jeans blend and typography. The stitching in the jeans matches awesome with the texture shot you put in the type! Very cool! I can't think of anything to say to help you make these photos better... The angles, colors, everything are all really appealing. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite of yours is the jeans shot, but the entire blue color study rocks! The tie is a very nice angle. Good work. :)

    ReplyDelete