Monday, May 9, 2011

Edits


Baby Ben; 5/6/11; 2:03 pm; Logan, UT; 5.6; 1/8 sec; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

I got to meet my new nephew and he was just as cute as I had hoped. He was always all smiles when grandpa would hold him. With this shot I took it into Photoshop and made new adjustment layers. One was a Gaussian blur, which I brushed away from his face. The other was a lower leveled, and burned layer to really darken the background of the shot. I also made a new layer to saturate the color of his eye.


Sunlight Stretch; 5/6/11; 10:39; Crystal Inn, Logan UT; 5.6; 1/800 sec; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

This was a fun angle and I thought it was a good shot. In Photoshop I made a new layer and blurred it using Gaussian blur. I brushed back in the sharp flower. Also in a new layer I adjusted the levels of the sky to make them bright white. I made a new layer and converted it to be Smart Object. With that Smart Object I added a Smart Filter: Poster Edges. I brushed it away from the main flower to keep it the focal point and the sharpness it needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment