Saturday, May 14, 2011

Edits

Camera Raw:
Before
After:

Before:

After:

Signs of Spring: 5/12/11; 5:08 pm; Stone Brook Apts., Rexburg; f/2.9; 1/13; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS.

I had to stand up on a stool to get this shot. But even then I wasn't tall enough to actually see into the nest. So with lots of faith and lots of shots I was able to get some really nice ones. I love the contrast that the eggs give with the nest.

I took this image into Adobe Bridge and used the Camera Raw program to do some quick edits. I used the gradient tool to create the dark edge on the left side of the shot. I wanted the eggs to really stand out. I also used an adjustment brush to darken the exposure of the nest. Using a saturation adjustment brush on the eggs, they really brightened up nicely.



Temple Blossoms: 5/12/11; 11:11 am; Rexburg Temple, Rexburg; f/3.6; 1/320; Kodak Easyshare M1073 IS.
I didn't really want to take a traditional temple shot. There are just too many of them. When I was walking around I thought it would be great to get the windows in with the blooming bushes that are there. I did have to get down and dirty for this shot. But the final product made it worth it.

In Camera Raw I darkened the exposure of the whole shot. Going back with a lighter and slightly more saturated adjustment brush I brought back the vibrant blue of the windows. Luckily it didn't take too much away from the blooming bushes.



No comments:

Post a Comment