Saturday, May 21, 2011

Portraits--with Lisa

Special thanks goes out to my wife Lisa for this post. She was so kind to be the subject of my photo shoot this week. She is beautiful and makes for some beautiful photos. Thank you Lisa for always supporting me. The majority of all these photos involve her...she is a great sport.






1. Side Composition; 5/18/11, 6:33 p.m.; Seed Mill, Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/60; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

2. Head; 5/18/11, 5:44 p.m.; Nielsen's Frozen Custard, Rexburg; f/5.6; 1/60; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

3. Full Body; 5/18/11, 6:13 p.m.; Porter Park, Rexburg; f/2.9; 1/125; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

4. Group Activity; 5/21/11, 2:47 p.m.; My Apt, Rexburg; f/4.0; 1/6; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

5. Posed; 5/21/11, 2:50 p.m.; My Apt, Rexburg; f/4.0; 1/5; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

6. Group Environment; 5/8/11, 2:50 p.m.; Springville, Utah; f/5.6; 1/60; KODAK EASYSHARE M1073 IS DIGITAL CAMERA

For all of these shots I did minor edits in Photoshop. I created adjustment layers for the levels and brushed back in some original color. For a few shots like the first three and the last I added a little bit of Gaussian blur.
My wife was a great subject for these shots. I thought that with her red shirt, taking her to the train tracks would create a nice contrast for this shot. There was a nice depth of field there too. In Nielsen's Frozen Custard there were some big bay windows that let in a very nice light. At one point it cast a very good shadow onto my wife's face. I had to put down my sandwich to get this shot, but it was worth it. Porter Park provided great backgrounds for photos and I thought that I would take this one a a different angle.
The next two shots are my wife and I making the final preparations for our new family addition: Macey Claire Bagley. She is due soon and we are getting her room ready.
The last photo was taken at my brother's baby blessing two weeks ago. My older sister, Holly loves little kids and they love her. This was her fan club all sitting in a circle, pretending it was a campfire and telling ghost stories. Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment